General Terms & Conditions
All images within this site remain the sole property of Jon Hawkins, of surreyhillsphotography.co.uk.
Permission will automatically be given to corporate photography clients to use their images for an unlimited amount of time. Any other commercial use of an image(s) requires permission. If granted, the requested image(s) is for one time use only. Further permission will be required beyond this purpose. Whatever permission is granted, all image(s) remain the copyrighted property of Jon Hawkins. No images can be sold or published for profit other than by Jon Hawkins. For further enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
I may wish to use images for my own promotional and marketing material and booking a session confirms subjects agree to this. Please let us know prior to the shoot should you have any concerns as I am happy to sign Non Disclosure Agreements.
MODEL RELEASE: (Not applicable to Field Sport Photography private bookings and NDA's), THE CLIENT hereby assigns and grants JON HAWKINS and its legal representatives the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of THE CLIENT or in which THE CLIENT may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. THE CLIENT hereby releases JON HAWKINS and its legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relating to said photographs. It is agreed that JON HAWKINS may display and use the photographs taken for advertising, display, website and internet promotion, photographic contests, public display such as in shopping centres, photography books, photography instructional books, store fronts, window displays, studio display, television advertising, magazine advertising and any other purpose thought proper by JON HAWKINS
Photo Booth Terms & Conditions
Surrey Hills Photography
The person booking Surrey Hills Photography for their event.
The following contract and its terms comprise an agreement between the Provider and the Customer for the hire of the Photo Booth.
This written contract sets out the full, intentions of the parties and supercedes any previous written or oral agreements made between the parties.
The Provider agrees to provide a Photo Booth operational and available for use for a minimum of 80% of the agreed service period , to permit maintenance of the Photo Booth should any be necessary
A non -returnable deposit of £50 is required to secure a reservation for the Photo Booth, the balance of the agreed rental charge is due 7 days before the Customer’s event. If the operator uses the equipment for a period in excess of the agreed service period additional rental charges will be payable by the Customer to the Provider, calculated on a pro rata basis (£50 per hour).
Payment of all additional rental charges must be made by the Customer before any additional service period commences.
Access, space & power requirements
The Customer will arrange for an appropriate space to be made available for the Photo Booth at the event venue. A minimum floor area of 3m x 3m is required.
The Customer will provide a mains electricity supply comprising a single 13amp socket located within the space designated by the Customer for the Photo Booth
Date changes & cancellations
Any request to alter the agreed date of the rental of the Photo Booth must be made in writing and at least thirty days prior to the Customer’s event
Any change of date is subject to the availability of the Photo Booth on the alternative date and receipt of a new booking contract.
If the Customer cancels an agreed rental of the Photo Booth up to thirty days before the rental date the deposit paid will be forfeit.
If the Customer cancels an agreed rental of the Photo Booth within thirty days before the rental date the full amount will be forfeit.
Loss or or damage to providers equipment
The Customer assumes complete responsibility for any loss of or damage to the Provider’s equipment (other than fair wear and tear) caused by any misuse of the equipment by the Customer, their employees or their guests .
The Customer shall be responsible for any loss of or damage to the Provider’s equipment caused by Theft , Fire, Flood or Accidental Damage.
The Customer agrees to, and understands the following:
a) The Customer will indemnify the Provider against any and all liability related to the Customer’s Event and use of the Provider’s equipment .
b) The Customer will indemnify the Provider against any and all liability associated with the use of any pictures taken at the Customer’s event by the Photo Booth or by its operatives , employees or affiliates .
The Customer agrees to, and understands the following:
All persons using the Photo Booth at the Customer’s Event hereby give to Surrey Hills Photography the right and permission to copyright and to reproduce or otherwise use any photographic portraits or pictures of any Photo Booth user who may be included in whole or in part, via any or all media now or hereafter known for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade, or for any other purpose.
In addition the Customer , hereby releases, discharges and agrees to maintain Surrey Hills Photography free from any liability arising out of the taking of said picture or any subsequent processing or publication thereof including, without limitation, any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable under contract law, then that provision, or portion thereof, shall be deemed separate from the rest of this contract and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions, or portions thereof.
This is the entire agreement between the Provider and the Customer relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except as agreed in writing by both parties.
In the unlikely event that it is not possible, other than for reasons beyond the Provider’s control, to provide an operational Photo Booth for at least 80% of the agreed service period, the Provider shall make a refund to the Customer calculated pro rata from the total charge made for the agreed service period.
Where the rental includes a photographic printer and for any reason printed photographs cannot be provided on site at the time of the event , the Provider will place the photographs on a web site which the Customer and their guests can access to place an order for prints of any photographs which will then be supplied and delivered by post, free of charge.
If no service is received, the Provider’s maximum liability will be the return of all payments received from the Customer. The Provider is not responsible for any consequential damages or lost opportunities upon breach of this agreement.
Wedding Package Booking Contract
1. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement contains the entire understanding between JON HAWKINS - Surrey Hills Photography, and THE CLIENT. It supersedes all prior and simultaneous agreements between the parties. The only way to change or add to this agreement is to do so in writing and providing that all the relevant parties sign the document.
2. RESERVATION: Upon your signature, JON HAWKINS will reserve the time and date agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, the Reservation booking fee £100 is non- refundable, even if the date is changed or the wedding cancelled for any reason; including acts of God, fire, strike and/or extreme weather. The Reservation Booking Fee is to be paid at time of signing the contract. The Reservation Booking Fee is applied towards the contracted wedding photography package.
3. CANCELLATION: In the event that THE CLIENT cancels the contracted services for wedding photography outlined in this contract before the wedding ceremony takes place, the booking fee will be forfeited.
4. After the wedding, THE CLIENT understands and agrees that the entire amount owed for the wedding photography package described in the contract is paid once the images have been posted in the CLIENTs private password protected gallery on Surrey Hills Photography’s website for viewing. Images and Album will be delivered once full payment is received
5. PRE-EVENT CONSULTATION: The parties agree to a pre-event consultation before the wedding date in order to finalise the actual shooting times. This meeting to be held, preferably at the wedding venues where possible.
6. EVENT GUIDE: THE CLIENT will be responsible for (or have someone designated for this responsibility) identifying people/objects of whom/which specific photographs are desired. The photographer will NOT be held accountable for not photographing desired people if there is no one to assist in identifying or gathering people for the photograph(s).
7. 90 MINUTE WINDOW FOR PHOTOGRAPHY: The bride and/or groom agree to set aside a suitable amount of time for photography before the commencement of the wedding ceremony and afterward for photographs that cannot be obtained during the ceremony or reception. Following the ceremony, time should be allowed for any photographs including group photographs if desired. If either the bride’s or groom’s late arrival (or any other reason outside of the photographer’s control) prevents suitable time from occurring, JON HAWKINS shall not be held liable for failure to take desired photographs. A total of 90 minutes should be allowed, this can be flexible and dependant on suitable weather conditions can be taken in short sessions throughout the day at times agreeable to THE CLIENT
8. COOPERATION: The parties agree to positive cooperation and communication for the best possible result within the definition of this assignment. JON HAWKINS is not responsible for key individuals’ failure to be present or to cooperate during photography sessions, neither for missed images due to details not revealed to JON HAWKINS. JON HAWKINS recommends that THE CLIENT designate an "event guide" (see 6 above) to point out important individuals to the photographer, whom THE CLIENT wishes to include in informal or candid photographs.
9. SHOOTING TIME / ADDITIONS: The photography schedule and selected methodology are designed to accomplish the goals and wishes of THE CLIENT in a manner enjoyed by all parties involved. THE CLIENT and JON HAWKINS agree that positive cooperation and punctuality are therefore essential. Shooting commences at the scheduled time. Should the ceremony start late due to any reason whatsoever, JON HAWKINS will not be held liable for any photographs not taken.
10. HOUSE RULES: The photographer is limited by the guidelines of the ceremony official or the reception site management. THE CLIENT agrees to accept the technical results of their imposition on the photographer. Negotiation with the officials for moderation of guidelines is THE CLIENT'S responsibility; JON HAWKINS will offer technical recommendations only.
11. DIGITAL IMAGES, PRINTS and COPYRIGHTS: The photographs, digital images or prints produced by JON HAWKINS are protected by Copyright Law (all rights reserved) and may not be reproduced in any manner without JON HAWKINS’ explicit written permission. Upon final payment by THE CLIENT, limited copyright ownership of the resulting images may be transferred to THE CLIENT under the following conditions:
· The JPEG images are the property of THE CLIENT for personal use and for the purposes of the reproduction and distribution of photographs to friends and relatives.
· THE CLIENT must obtain written permission from, and compensate JON HAWKINS prior to an event where THE CLIENT, THE CLIENT’S friends or relatives publish or sell the photographs for profit.
12. MODEL RELEASE: THE CLIENT hereby assigns and grants JON HAWKINS and its legal representatives the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of THE CLIENT or in which THE CLIENT may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. THE CLIENT hereby releases JON HAWKINS and its legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relating to said photographs. It is agreed that JON HAWKINS may display and use the photographs taken for advertising, display, website and internet promotion, photographic contests, public display such as in shopping centres, photography books, photography instructional books, store fronts, window displays, studio display, television advertising, magazine advertising and any other purpose thought proper by JON HAWKINS.
13. EXCLUSIVITY / GUEST PHOTOGRAPHY: It is understood that JON HAWKINS will act as the sole and exclusive wedding photographer. The formal photography time is for the exclusive use of JON HAWKINS to capture the formal wedding portraits. Because of time constraints and the need for subjects to pay full attention to the professional photographer, guest photography cannot be permitted during these formal shots. JON HAWKINS will allow guests to take snapshots during the processional and recessional, during candid events at the church, and at the altar. No other guest/photographer using professional equipment will be allowed by JON HAWKINS to encroach on the formal photography time.
14. JON HAWKINS will not tolerate verbally or physically abusive behaviour, nor will it share its time or compete with guest photographers for the attention of the subjects. Unchecked guest conduct that interferes with photography may seriously affect the quality of the photographs taken and increase the number of times photos must be re-taken. If THE CLIENT is unable to control the conduct of their guests, resulting in an unacceptable degree of misconduct, or if the conduct of any of their guests damages the equipment of the photographer, it will result in the early or immediate departure of the photographer. THE CLIENT understands that in such an event, no refunds will be granted.
15. COMPLETION SCHEDULE:. Digital processing takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Creation of the wedding album takes 6-8 weeks depending on the time taken to choose images to include.
16. PAYMENTS: THE CLIENT agrees that a £100 booking fee is required at the time of contract acceptance and 100% of the remaining balance once the images are ready to view via THE CLIENT’s private gallery on Surrey Hills Photography’s website.
17. FINAL DELIVERY: JON HAWKINS will deliver the digital images via a Dropbox online download link with the high-resolution copies of all images along with low-resolution copies for web, social media, email use etc.. The 30 page album will follow once THE CLIENT has agreed which images are to be included.
18. After 12 months from your wedding date Surrey Hills Photography will no longer be responsible for your wedding image files
19. METHOD OF REMUNERATION: Payment may be made in cash or cheque made payable to Mr J Hawkins or internet banking Sort Code 09-01-32 Account 04042208
20. LIMIT OF LIABILITY: In the unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary to retain an alternative photographer. JON HAWKINS will make every effort to secure a replacement photographer able and/or willing to provide a similar package as chosen in this contract at the same tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package.
JON HAWKINS takes the utmost care with respect to exposure, transportation and processing of photographs; including using professional grade equipment and professional grade backup equipment. However, in the unlikely event of THE CLIENT’S photographs being lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons within or beyond JON HAWKINS‘ control, the latter’s liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. The limit of liability shall not exceed the contract price stated herein. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals shall be a prorated amount of the exposures lost based on the percentage of total number of originals.
21. NON-GUARANTEE: Although every possible care will be taken to produce photographs of all important and special events during the wedding, JON HAWKINS cannot place an unconditional guarantee on the above. JON HAWKINS will not be held responsible for any ruined photographs due to guests’ (or any other) flashes; or any other ruined photographs due to any other cause in or outside of JON HAWKINS control.
22. PERFORMANCE: The performance of this contract on behalf of JON HAWKINS shall be contingent upon acts of God, flood, fire, warfare, government laws or regulations, electrical failure, strikes by suppliers, and/or conditions beyond its control.
23. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable under the law, the validity of this agreement as a whole shall not be affected, and the other provisions of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
24. AMENDMENTS: This contract has been freely negotiated and shall be recognised as the entirety of the agreement. Only those changes or modifications specifically placed in writing, attached, dated and signed by THE CLIENT and JON HAWKINS at the time of acceptance of this contract shall be recognised as amendments to this contract.